Virginia Area Coordinator
Wenona Fields became a Pathfinder in 1990. She truly enjoyed matriculating through the classes and camping trips where she made many “life-long” friends throughout the conference. Pathfinders has been part of the glue that keeps her engaged in the church and with the youth. Wenona has a passion for the youth and helping them to foster a relationship with God and fellow man.
Wenona holds a Bachelors in Psychology and has enough science credits to have an Associate in Science. She currently works in the healthcare arena in Clinical Laboratory Services. She enjoys music, singing, writing, sewing, photography, cooking, camping, gardening, crocheting. She is married to George Fields, Jr. with whom she has birthed three children, George Fields, III aka “Trey,” Autumn and Christian.
Wenona enjoys being active in the church and community. As an active member in the church, Wenona has served as Church Clerk, Sabbath School Secretary, Personal Ministries Secretary, AYS Leader, Minister of Music, Praise Team Leader, Children’s Ministry Leader, Pathfinder Instructor, Pathfinder Counselor, Pathfinder Cook, Pathfinder Deputy Director. In the community she has done volunteer work and as served as a Court Appointed Special Advocate.
Wenona happily serves as the Area Coordinator for the Virginia Area. She has several text that she clings to in various times. Here are a few:
- Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
- Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve… but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.
- Philippians 4:6 – Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
- Psalms 61:2- From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
- I Peter 5:8 – Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:.
It is Wenona’s hope that each Pathfinder understands that God grace is abundant where sin is present, that God’s mercies are renewed everyday. She prays that this ministry continues to prepare our youth to be of great earthly service, to stand for the right though the heaven may fall and to ready for God’s kingdom.